Quikclot Combat Z-Fold Gauze
- Hemostatic dressing for control of traumatic bleeding
- Soft, white, sterile, nonwoven 3” by 4 yds (7.5x370 cm) rolled gauze impregnated with kaolin, an inert mineral that does not contain animal or human proteins or botanicals.
- Flexible and pliable and contours to all wounds.
- Vacuum packed, sterile and Z-folded, X-Ray detectable.
- Recommended as the number 1 hemostatic agent by the COTCCC (Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care Committee)
QuikClot Combat Gauze Z-Fold is an improvement on the original QuikClot Combat Gauze. As a result feedback from the US Military, Z-Medica improved the QuikClot Combat Gauze product by making it z-folded, vacuum packed, and with an x-ray detectable strip.
The QuikClot Combat Gauze Z-Fold is even easier to apply since the gauze is in a z-fold format, which makes packing wounds easier and eliminates the risk of the roll falling away and getting contaminated. The vacuum packed feature of the QuikClot Combat Gauze Z-Fold makes it much more compact, saving room on your body. Finally, the x-ray detectable strip that is incorporated in the QuikClot Combat Gauze Z-Fold ensures that the gauze will be found if the patient is taken to the operating room.